Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Doll Quilt and Birds of A Feather on my Design Wall Today


I'm not very good about replying to comments on my blog this summer, and I apologize.  I'm at a cabin in the woods, and the only internet service I have is when we go to town and I go to the library or McDonald's restaurant to use their free wi-fi.  But someone commented on this doll quilt, that it looked like it was woven.



It does look woven, but I don't know why.  Maybe because there are stripes fabrics in it.  But it's just solid blue fabrics mixed with blue prints and stripes in 1 inch squares.  The picture is taken on a bench with some pillows that are made from bluework that was purchased from E Bay years ago.  Can you tell I like blue?  LOL

The Birds of a Feather quilt has another square almost completed.  It still needs a few red berries, but I will add them when I get back to my stash in Virginia.



Next is a picture of my "design wall" at the cabin, which is the floor in the living room:



It's Monday, so it's fun to go to Judy Laquidara's blog to see what everyone is working on:  Design Wall Mondays

Here is a picture of some more visitors to our cabin.  They were just passing by:



7 comments:

Kindred Quilts said...

I love the colors in your Birds of a Feather blocks... so vivid! No need to reply... just enjoy cabin life!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blocks and very nice little blue quilt

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wonderful applique!

Cyndi said...

Lovely colors on your applique! Very lively!!

Karen said...

What a wonderful way to spend your summer time. Your applique blocks are so inspiring.

Leah Rubin said...

I'm loving those birds! And the 'woven' look of your blues, too!

Glenda said...

Judy have you ever really studied the photo you took of the ducks swimming by, look at the fabulous colours from the green grass down in to the water, I can see a stunning quilt in those gorgeous scrumptious colours. You are staying in a lovely area I Have enjoyed my first visit to your blog. Cheers Glenda PS Love your wee LE circles just perfect.