Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Quilting Mojo - Got It?

It seems like a lot of quilters have lost their mojo lately and I have too, but not on every project.  There is always some project that I can work on, and move along the process.  If I can't figure out something, I tend to stall for a while and work on something else.  

What usually inspires me is a small project.  I started this small quilt Thursday, before I left town for a long weekend, and worked on it more last night when I got home.  It's a replica of an old doll quilt, pictured in the book "Childhood Treasures", by Merikay Waldvogel.  Here's the start of it:


And here's the picture of the old quilt in the book:



If you have this book (below), it's on page 89, and the finished size is 18" by 15 1/2".  I did some math, and decided to make each square finish at 3 inches, which means the corner hsts are 3/4 inch.  I do love blue and white quilts, and this one is fun.  I hope to finish the top today.







The last picture is of the front hall, with my cloth cat silently on watch over another little doll quilt displayed on a doll dresser.  I hope you have quilting mojo, or if not, try a small project to get it back soon.

This blog is linked up with Design Wall Mondays over at Patchwork Times

I'm also linked with WOW - Esther Aliu's Wednesday work in progress linkup at her blog.  (Here)

8 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So cute. You just corrupted me and I ordered the book......grin.....I must admit that is not hard to do.

Janet O. said...

Love your new little creation--and congrats on your win at Humble Quilts!

Debra said...

LOVE the new little blocks and doll quilt! Also, saw that you just had a win of some scraps from Lori! Congrats!, now you'll be able to start another small quilt!

Sandy said...

I could definitely use some mojo. You've inspired me tho. I've been in the mood for a small quilt, but never thought about actually reproducing a vintage one. Maybe I'll give it a try ~

karen said...

I have that book, you have motivated me! Karen

Plum Cox said...

Something about small quilts - I love them too and make them between other projects. Not as lovely as yours, though!

Mary said...

I think Merikay's book is one of my all time favorite quilt books. I love your little reproduction!

Jan said...

It is good to know that I've not been alone in lack of enthusiasm, of late. You are absolutely right about a little quilt being a good spark! I'm heading to the sewing room!