Notice that no chevrons were used in the making of this photograph! I finally figured out that the yellow and orange were the parts that didn't agree with me, and I took them out, substituting a red in the four patches and a 3 inch red print square in the center of the alternate blocks. I like it because it keeps Bonnie's design large circles, and the colors are much more to my taste. And it is much more simple. I'm so glad I have settled upon a design. Now to get it assembled. I could call it Simplified Celtic Solstice. The chevrons are in a shoebox, to be included in a future quilt on down the road.
While I was figuring out Celtic Solstice, I was making some basket blocks, which will finish at 6 inches.
They are fun to make, and I'm using civil war reproductions and shirting.
Since this blog has veered away from the "small quilt and doll quilt" subject matter lately, I am bringing it back to center to talk about a crib quilt that I bought while I was in Shipshewana, IN last year. It measures 41 inches by 52 inches.
Here are closeup pictures of the three appliqued bears:
It was made from a kit from Lee Wards, probably in the 1950's - 1960's. The little bears with their umbrellas are so cute. I love it!
It's Monday linkup time at Judy Laquidara's blog (Here) to see what others have on their design walls today.