Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

October 31, 2016

It has been a beautiful fall day here in Michigan.  We're enjoying the pretty fall leaves inside and out.  Here's a picture throught the living room window of the backyard, where the leaves are falling fast:





























Inside, my fall leaf quilt is on display on the railing near the front door, and we are enjoying it's beautiful colors.  The quilt pattern is "Third Weekend in October" and is designed by Ruth Powers.





























I've been productive in my quilting studio - working on very simple things.  I've taken out my box of scraps, and have been cutting simple squares from the scraps.  While going through the scraps, I found several quilt blocks that were there from various sources.  Also in the basement storage,  I came across a bundle of dish towels that were purchased long ago, when I had plans to embroider them.  Yesterday, I fused the orphaned blocks onto the dish towels, machine blanket stitched around them, and made something out of nothing. Always a pleasure when I do that!

Here are my dish towels, ready to gift to new homes:





Hope you are having a beautiful fall day too!  Happy Halloween!






As usual, I'm linking up with Design Wall Mondays, to see what other quilters are working on.    (Here)  

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I love your leafy quilt! I would like to make a quilt with leaves some day. My quilting friend and I found a huge maple leaf on our walk that's about 15" across and I'm thinking about making an appliquéd table runner out of it. Your dish towels are really cute!

Sandra said...

I am in love with your Fall Leaf Quilt. It is gorgeous! Perfect for the season; beautiful colors.

Karen said...

The fall leaves quilt.....perfect for this time of year.

AnnieO said...

Lovely fall leaves quilt. Your block orphans look terrific on the towels.

moosecraft said...

Oh my! Love those little block dish towels! :-)

LuAnn said...

Beautiful quilt, and the view from your window is gorgeous. Will I see you in Shipshewana in a couple of weeks?