Good Morning Quilters!
There is progress on three quilts this week.
The Cheddar/black UFO quilt is back up on the design wall, and the hsts that were packed away with it didn’t work out as a border. It made the quilt “busier” than it already is, and I think it’s plenty busy enough. I changed my mind and am going to add a simple black solid border and be done with it. As a quilt maker, I have a right to change my mind….several times, in this case. lol
Here is a picture of my audition of a simple solid black border:
I like it and it follows the “kiss” moto…..”keep it simple sxxxxx”. The hsts will be used somewhere else.
My redwork quilt has seen great progress this week. I have attached the vine/flower outer border on all four sides and have drafted a corner “leaves” or “flowers” addition to take the vine/flowers around the corner. In the original pattern the four borders did not connect in any way. I now have only one corner left to embroider, and am getting close to creating a join pattern for this final corner.
Here are pictures of the four corners, and how the vine/flowers continue around the corners.
Corner top left:
Corner bottom left:
Corner top right:
Corner bottom right that is not finished yet:
And, I decided on the scalloped edge size for my Jane Stickle quilt, and penciled the scallops onto the edge. It is now ready for a longarm quilter to quilt it for me.
Here is a picture:
I have enjoyed reading your blog posts this week. Everyone is really busy and it is exciting to read about your projects. Thank you so much for joining the Design Wall Monday Linky Party. Here’s the link for this week’s party: