Good Morning Quilters!
This week I am starting a new project. My friend Joan Brink and I are each starting a pattern called Old Mill Pond, a Vintage Stitches pattern by Heartspun Quilts. Joan had bought a kit of the fabrics and the pattern and when she showed me the project, I bought the pattern to make it also. I am using my stash fabrics, and there are 18 blocks to make. Here is the pattern and my first two blocks:
I decided to use indigos and greens for this one, and am liking it so far. Here is the third block in pieces ready to sew together:
It is a nice break from sewing polka-dot sashing to the Jane Austen project pieces. I am trying to work on the sashing a little bit each day. The slower work on the sashing is very pleasant, now that the quilt room is neat and tidy once again.
Here is another picture of the design wall with the Jane Austen quilt in progress:
What are you working on? Please join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and show us what you are starting or finishing. We love to see your pictures and read your blogs. Thank you so much for joining in.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I am always searching for new ideas and your feedback helps me learn how to do things better. Thanks for stopping by! Note that I am not on the computer daily, so responses to your comments happen when they happen.....I'm 80, and I hope allowances can be made. 😊