Pages

▼

Monday, August 24, 2026

Design Wall Monday - August 24, 2026

Good Morning Quilters!

We had a busy week with a family funeral and daughter flying in to be with us.  Our brother-in-law was 88, almost 89, and our family is grieving and remembering what a great man he was.

While our daughter is visiting, we are sewing together.  She shopped my stash and found a pretty fabric for a lining to a purse she crocheted. 

Here are pictures of the project, two pictures of the purse, and one of the lining fabric:





I will not be able to show a picture of the finished project because she is flying home tomorrow.  But she is very talented and it sure is fun to have her here.

I’ve been working on parts and pieces of the outside border for the Old Mill Pond quilt.  I need lots of little blocks for the border and decided to start on the border while still working on the blocks.  Joan Brink, who is making her version of this pattern also, taught me to start on the border before the center of a quilt is finished.  That way the border is not so intimidating.

Here is this past week’s work.  I made 22 of the 88 flying geese I need for the border:



 





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. I sure hope you are doing the 4 geese method rather than 1 by one! It's a good idea starting the border first and getting it done! Sorry to hear about your brother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathy at the loss of your brother-in-law. I'm sure it was nice to have your daughter at home and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your family on your loss. Wonderful that you did get to spend some good crafting time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That's a great idea to start on the border as you piece, especially if, as in your case, it's a block border instead of a solid border. Have fun with your project. I'm sure it was great to visit and sew with your daughter even if it wasn't for the best reason.

    ReplyDelete

I am always searching for new ideas and your feedback helps me learn how to do things better. Thanks for stopping by! Note that I am not on the computer daily, so responses to your comments happen when they happen.....I'm 80, and I hope allowances can be made. 😊