Pages

Monday, October 16, 2017

Design Wall Monday - October 16, 2017

Fall is finally here, and we've had beautiful weather so far.  I got out some fall quilts, and have the large leaf quilt on display on the railing:


And the view from the kitchen:


It's from a pattern by Ruth Powers and the pattern is named "Third Weekend in October".  The quilt is 85 X 110 inches.  Her pattern:


It is paper pieced, and a great way to use your fall colored fabrics.

Here's a few pictures (from the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, MI) from this week:


The white pumpkins and the ornamental cabbages always look so nice.


  I love the big pumpkins turned on their side - just as they were in the field.



They used apples in their arrangements!  Of course, if I tried that in my yard, the deer would be all over it.



Isn't this pumpkin a funky one?  I really like it.

What are you working on this third Monday in October?



9 comments:

Kate said...

Love your fall leaf quilt, very pretty. Perfect decor for the season.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the fall decorations and the quilt - fall is a really neat time of year I think

Debbie said...

I love that leaf quilt.

Kristin said...

Oooo. Your fall leaves look very lush. My morning dog walk looked just like it! The maple in my yard is shedding pretty red/orange leaves. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful fall leaf quilt! Love the diagonal line of blue that appears, like the sky is peeking through behind the leaves!

Judy D in WA said...

OhMyGoodness! I love your leaf quilt!!! A lovely fall post.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gorgeous Fall Quilt!

time4stitchn said...

Love your fall quilt...such beautiful leaves of different shapes and sizes. Just wish our leaves were that pretty; this year the colors are not nearly as bright as in past years. The fall vignettes are beautiful, too, and that pumpkin is a hoot!

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Love your October quilt! I have that pattern and the fabrics gathered... I think it will be my New Year quilt to make.... but I said that last year, too. Thanks for sharing all the fall colors.