Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

Design Wall Monday - December 11, 2017

December is happening faster than I can keep up with it.  Christmas will be here in two weeks!  Even though I'm behind in my Christmas decorating, I did manage to work on a baby quilt for a baby due in January.  Here are pictures of the front and back:



The binding is half finished, and I will finish it today.  I free motion quilted it with some loopy circles, and I think if I practiced free motion quilting enough, it would be fun.  This was my first attempt.  Baby quilts made in 2018 will be free motion quilting practice.

Here's the back of the baby quilt, with fabric from my Mom's stash.  She made a lot of baby quilts, and I always like to use up her fabric in baby quilts.



Also, as promised last week, here's results of setting the timer for 15 minutes for cleaning up the mess that overflowed out of my quilt room.  1st, bar area:



2nd, table area:



Also, the floor in the quilt room is now clean, but the ironing board and rotary cutting area are still being worked on.  Progress is being made.  More 15 minute drills will happen this week.

I have an old book, "Your Household Guide", full of household hints that was sold as a fundraiser by the V.F.W. Auxiliary in Ithaca, Michigan many years ago.  It is fun to read some of the old hints.  Here's one hint under the "sewing" category:

"Recipe For A Rosebud Quilt:  Take 16,450 pieces cut size of a milk bottle cap; turn edges carefully and gather toward center, fasten securely; results should be size and not unlike a tiny forget-me-not blossom.  Join seven of these small flowerets, six surrounding a center one all a different print, harmonious is one small rose.  Continue until you have sufficient roses for a good-sized bed spread.  Fasten roses securely together and you have one of the most beautiful bed coverings imaginable."

Let me know if you make this quilt....lol

What's on your design wall this week?  Looking forward to seeing your links, and please remember to link back to this blog post somewhere within your post.  I appreciate it.




7 comments:

Kate said...

It's amazing what you can accomplish in 15 minute increments. Congrats on all the decluttering. Happy stitching this week.

Quilter Kathy said...

Definitely not making that quilt!!! LOL

Sara said...

The baby quilt is so sweet and it's always good to have them done early. My "January" baby arrived the week before Christmas - 34 years ago. Surprise!

Nann said...

Hooray for you! Have you found any treasures as you've tidied up?

Marti said...

I've been thinking of spending 15 minutes cleaning, and your post just gave me the push to do it. Your quilt room must be amazing.

Betty Lou said...

Shute little baby quilt and will be finished before his/her arrival. For me that would,be a real accomplishment. Sorry, but no Rosebud quilts in my future. I enjoy your blog every Monday morning, thank you for sharing.

Jennifer said...

Ithaca, Michigan? I went to college in Alma and helped with a Girl Scout troop in Ithaca. Love that area! But you won’t find me making that quilt!