Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Design Wall Monday - December 18, 2017

Here's a pillow that I made last year, and we are enjoying it in the living room this year:












This pillow is from the magazine American Patchwork & Quilting, December 2014.  Picture is of the cover of the magazine with the pillow on the right side near the top:



Here is another picture of the pillow, designed by Tina Lewis.



The pattern has small felt dots for the snow, and I used small white buttons that I had, which was easier.  I also changed the wording to "Merry Christmas" instead of "Season's Greetings" as that is my usual greeting at Christmas.

I would like to give this pattern away as a little Christmas gift to one of you.  If you would like to receive this magazine with the pillow directions, here is what to do:

(1) Link to Design Wall Monday, as usual, and

(2) Provide a link back to this exact post, somewhere within your blog post.    By that I mean your link should refer people to:

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2017/12/design-wall-monday-december-18-2017.html 

and not just

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com

Christmas will be here in one week!  I will be skipping Design Wall Monday next week (December 25th), as I will be celebrating Christmas with family, and nothing will be happening on the design wall.  I will post again on the first day of 2018.

The winner of the magazine will be announced in my first post of the new year.

Looking forward to seeing what you are working on this week:





10 comments:

Kate said...

A very festive pillow! Hope all your holiday preparations are going well. Enjoy the family time.

Betty Lou said...

What a wonderful pillow and much better with buttons, makes t more vintage looking. Merry Christmas to you and your family, look forward to your post in the New Year.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

As soon as I saw this pretty red and white design, I was trying to work out if it was red on white or white on red. Always such pretty colours for our festive season. Merry Christmas, Judy.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Cute Pillow!!! MErry CHristmas and thank you for hosting this!!

Judy D in WA said...

I love your cute little pillow! Merry Christmas, see you next year.

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the cute little pillow. I just put out my Christmas quilt this past week.

Sara said...

The pillow is adorable! I remember that red/white quilt on the cover of the magazine too and was tempted to make one. Wish I had something to post on Design Wall Monday, but not much has happened in my sewing room lately.

Jennifer said...

Love your pillow!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful festive pillow! Thank you for hosting this year.

-Soma

Lori said...

All the homemade Christmas decorations make the holiday special.