Happy Valentine's Day! It's a bright cheerful baby quilt, and measures 42" by 54" before quilting and binding.
I started cutting squares of polka dots fabrics at 6.5 inches, with no plan in mind. Then I decided to make stars, using two blocks, a "snowball" block and a plain block. I used my design wall to lay out what I needed to make stars, and was not sure if there would be enough contrast between the reds and the multicolored fabric. I took a black and white photo and, yes, there is plenty of contrast. It's an easy trick:
First, I mixed up the star points fabrics with the star middles, but it seemed a little "too much" going on, so I rearranged things to make the star points match the middles.....all except one of them. It's just how the scraps worked out that I didn't have enough of that one to match it up. And it looks fine. Here's a closeup of the one different fabrics star:
It is an easy quilt to make, and I will be making it again, for sure. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. Here's a picture of the quilt top, flat on the floor:
This was such a welcome change of pace from my usual tiny pieces quilts, and went together so quickly. I have February's quilt squares cut out and on the design wall. It feels so good to accomplish some of my new goals. January....Check!
I'm linking up with Design Wall Mondays, as usual, at Judy Laquidara's blog, to see what others are working on. (Here)