Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

First Post in my blog - making quilts from the book Small Endearments




This is the quilt that I made today.   I made a replica of a doll quilt from one of my favorite books of doll quilts - Small Endearments by Sandi Fox.  I copied the quilt on Page 157, plate 192.  After making the half square triangles to finish at 1 inch, I pressed all seams open from then on, as the blocks were so small.  The quilt measures 12.5 by 15 inches before binding, and in the book, it's 13.5 by 16 inches.

7 comments:

Lori said...

What a great quilt!! Love the green you used for the border!!
Welcome to the blogging world!

You will get more comments if you get rid of the word verification.....

Judy Hansen said...

Thanks Lori - I think I eliminated it. I hope so.

Leah Rubin said...

Beautiful work! Glad you decided to showcase it for us to see. Maybe I'll post some photos of my recent work, too. Cheers! (We still miss you and Lloyd!)

antique quilter said...

oh ok our quilts are similar in size I thought you made it much smaller when I saw it on the doll dresser!
I haven't opened up seams yet on my quilts but have been thinking about doing that
I hear its much better for hand quilting.
Kathie

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Hi Judy, Welcome to blogland! I'm so glad you told me about your lovely blog! Your little quilt is the sweetest. You did a beautiful job on it. Being a doll quilt lover, Small Endearmeants is one of my favorite books, too. I look forward to visiting you again! K

Barb said...

Just found your blog - welcome and have fun!
Love your little quilt!

quiltgrammy said...

Found your blog today, enjoy what I've seen, signed up to follow by email.