Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Time Flies When Grandchildren Are Around!

We've been at the cabin in Michigan, and I haven't been quilting at all!  We did take some of our grandchildren to the Western Michigan Fair in Ludington, Michigan, and I took some pictures of the quilts entered there to show you.

Here's a prize winning doll quilt, made from 30's reproductions.  Isn't is cute?





It won a ribbon for the maker, and I took a picture of her info and the ribbon:




Here's a picture of a full sized quilt made with 30's fabrics:



We took five of our grandchildren to Lake Michigan to watch the sunset last Wednesday night, and it was so beautiful there.  We are blessed to be living so close to Lake Michigan, and the beautiful sandy beaches there.

Here's the kids having fun at sunset:



Can you see why I've been absent from my blogging and quilting activities?

6 comments:

Betty Lou said...

That's the best way to spend the summer. You can quilt in the winter, at least that's my excuse. Enjoy Michigan, I am a displaced Ohioan living in Texas.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Eek! Did you ask the quilter if you could put her name and address on the web?

Glad you have the kids to keep you both young!

Kindred Quilts said...

Sorry I'm late with a comment... I'm so behind in blog reading!

I love 30's fabric quilts, big and small! As far as your summer is going... it's all about family and spending time with grandchildren. The sunset picture is so precious... a lasting memory!

Lori said...

That looks like so much fun! I've been enjoying summer as well.

Sandy said...

I love the quilting on the 30's flower quilt - so free!
Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful sunset over Lake Michigan! Have you started your LE quilt yet?