Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Simplified Celtic Solstice Top is Finished!

On the last day of January, I have my first finished top of the year:







































I am happy that it is ready for the long arm quilter, and I am moving on to other things.  It was a fun quilt and I am happy with how it turned out.  I sure made a lot of wrong turns before I got on the right track, but once there, it went very smoothly.  I have a project in mind for the unused chevrons, and will be making 9 patches as leaders and enders to go with the chevrons into another quilt.

This quilt is called Simplified Celtic Solstice, and is a modified version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, Celtic Solstice.  Her original pattern instructions will be here: Bonnie's directions until June 1, 2014.

Here's a linkup with all of the other versions of Celtic Solstice : Finale Link-Up


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your version! Just lovely.

Kindred Quilts said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats on your first 2014 finish!!!

Pam said...

Looks wonderful

Pam said...

Beautiful quilt

Unknown said...

Just stunning-- you have the best eye for color and composition, and the skills to make it all happen! Yay for you!

Unknown said...

Stunning outcome! You have the best eye for color and composition, and the skills to make it happen! Yay for you!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

like your holiday fabric quilt last mystery, I think your Solstice is the best of all. You have a real eye...
Be sure and get it up on the linky Monday! I think it's Monday anyway.

Michelle said...

Love this modified version! Great job!

TLC said...

It's so much fun to be different. Love it!

Vivian said...

Your version is a lovely variation of Bonnie's latest mystery. Well done.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today (Monday Feb 17) and leaving your kind comment about my little MidWinter Blues quilt. Your comment came through as being from a "no reply blogger." That's what I'm finding from gals who use Google+. For some reason your e-mail address is not connected to your comment when using it.
Tech stuff just bothers the daylights out of me !! I can't keep track of all the versions of programs and identities. I'm getting too old for this stuff, I guess.