Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

Design Wall Monday - June 12, 2017

The Valentine Quilt is coming along.  I have charted out the wording that I want on the bottom and it will add about 25 more rows.  I have the squares for the main body of the quilt all cut and kitted into 10x10 squares sections in baggies. I am prepping the newly added word squares into baggies today and am happy that I have a final plan for the bottom part of the quilt.  I knew if I waited long enough, the right wording would come to me.

Here is a picture of the quilt in progress on my design wall,



And here is the newly charted words for the bottom.  Last night I cut the 303 red squares needed for the words.  The neutral squares will come from my scraps box of 1.5 x 1.5 squares.



Here's a picture of my front flower bed today.  These were here when we bought the house, and they always put on a show in June.  They are in the genus dianthus, a genus that includes pinks, carnations, and sweet william.   I'm not sure what they are specifically, but they are a perennial, and easy to care for.



What's on your Design Wall this Monday?  I am so happy that you are all participating here, and Design Wall Mondays is continuing.  Thank you for joining in today.








11 comments:

Kate said...

Your Heart Quilt is amazing! Looking forward to seeing it all completed.

Marie said...

The words for the bottom of your quilt are just perfect. This is going to be a work of art.

Robin said...

The heart quilt is really a labor of love. Such detail. Very pretty!

Jacqueline said...

Your quilt is amazing. That is a lot of love and work.

Your flowers look great.

Julierose said...

Your Heart quilt is just lovely...the wording is perfect--lotsa cutting for sure....but definitely worth it. hugs, Julierose

Sarah said...

Be my Valentine is perfect for this project. You should be very proud of this quilt.

Mia said...

I love the heart quilt!!!

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

Love, love, love your Valentine quilt more each time you share your progress!!! PERFECT wording, too!!!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures on the design walls and wow, what a quilt you are putting together! It looks fantastic.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for progress! Love the wording!!

Susan said...

I am in awe of your valentine quilt.