Pages

Monday, August 21, 2017

Design Wall Monday - August 21, 2017

I did get some quality quilt viewing time in last week, as I spent part of the week in Grand Rapids with my best friend Dee, and we attended the AQS Quilt Show on Thursday. 

Here are pictures of two quilts, of the many, that I liked from the show:




Isn't this beautiful?  It is a whole different kind of quilting than I could ever do, so I just sit back and admire it.  Following is a close-up of part of the flower:



Here is the info tag on this quilt:



My hat's off to Andrea Brokenshire!  Such wonderful work......but no ribbon!  I appreciated it and hope you all do too.   I wonder why it didn't get a ribbon.

Another quilt that I liked because I love thirties and anything plaid:












Each basket was plaid, and I thought the outside border was a great selection to tie it all together.  The quilting was great too.....a lovely quilt, but again, no ribbon.   Here is a picture of the whole quilt:




I'll close with a picture of my friend Dee who was visiting me.  She doesn't like to have her picture taken, but isn't she cute? 




We were at the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park, and if you are ever in Grand Rapids, it is a beautiful place to visit.  

What's on your design wall this Monday?  My design wall is non-existent up here at the cabin, but today I am working on making a label for a baby quilt.  I hope to see what you are working on in today's link-up.











9 comments:

maggie fellow said...

those quilts were stunning, what quilts got the ribbons?

Sylvia said...

The Rhodie is beautiful!

Mary said...

Love the Rose in a Basket Quilt. Very Nice to see quilts in shows. Lots of quilts don't get ribbons that should. Thanks for the Link-up.

Sara said...

Both quilts are just stunning, especially that flower! Wow! I can only imagine how wonderful the actual ribbon winners must be if gorgeous work like this doesn't earn a ribbon. Thanks for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh that flower quilt almost looked like a painting at first - that is spectacular!

Joanne said...

Thanks for the brief quilt show! Absolutely beautiful work.

Every Stitch said...

I love that plaid basket quilt too - am astonished it has no ribbon! The quilting is fabulous too - by hand I think?

Jennifer said...

Lovely design walls again this week - thanks so much for hosting!

Kate said...

Those are gorgeous quilts. I have to wonder at the quilts that did win ribbons.