Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

Design Wall Monday - September 25, 2017

Final chapter of the story I told last week of four quilts made from the parts of an abandoned Internet mystery quilt:


The 4th quilt looks like this:




I took the green and white parts, removed the black square, and made an Irish chain quilt with them.  Mystery parts:


I had my machine quilter, Joyce Brenner, put MSU logos in the large blank white spaces, and she also added a few footballs.  I think it turned out great!

MSU Logo:



Football:


This week's work is to finish it with white binding.



What's on your design wall this week?  





11 comments:

Kate said...

What a great way to use up all those mystery quilt blocks.

Ramona said...

Even though I am a Wolverines fan, this is an awesome quilt! You really made some beauties from the parts of the mystery quilt. Congrats!

Betty Lou said...

Good way to make something you like out of a UFO. I don't care for mystery quilts as I always wish my fabric selection would have been different. Your end product is beautiful.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great idea to make your own layouts from mystery quilt parts!
This isa fabulous quilt!

Preeti said...

Fabulous - We can all agree with this kind of green energy!!!

Judy D in WA said...

Such a fun quilt! Good job using up those parts.

Sara said...

That is such a clever transformation! Love it.

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

lovely Judy, makes me want to make a two color quilt.
Have been thinking about you a lot, wishing you both well, Sharyn

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Gosh - that turned out awesome!

Quilting Gail said...

I love what you've done with the parts of the unfinished mystery! I think I have the same parts (I left them out of the mystery). Now, it's given me an idea of what to do! Thanks!

moosecraft said...

Now that is a SUPER way to use up those blocks...everyone needs a quilt when they go to football games! :-)