Pages

Monday, April 23, 2018

Design Wall Monday - April 23, 2018

Thanks for all the nice birthday wishes last week!  I had a great birthday, and went out to dinner with family at night.  

What is on my design wall this week?   Nothing, but I can post pictures of two Jane Stickle Quilt "kite" shaped blocks that I made during the retreat last week at Shipshewana:






For those of you who aren't familiar with this quilt, it has 225 different blocks, and these are two of the four corners.  I am trying to finish my quilt this year, and I have been working on it for a long time.

Here is a picture of the quilt, from the Bennington Museum, in Bennington,
Vermont.






I sat in front of it in awe, for an afternoon years ago, and I have been in love with it ever since.

What is on your design wall today?  Your projects always give me good ideas.  Thank you!

If you are linking with Design Wall Mondays, please link back to this particular post somewhere within your current post.  I appreciate it so much when you do.

Use this web address when you fill out the "link" information:

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/design-wall-monday-april-23-2018.html






14 comments:

Nann said...

Congratulations your DJ progress, Judy. A Dear Jane was on display at the Chicago Quilt Festival (was that just ten days ago?!). The artist's statement said that it was her FIRST quilt. She saw a picture of it, she liked it, she made it. My observation: if her FIRST quilt was Dear Jane AND got into a major national show then her quilting career will either go downhill or enter the stratosphere.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have a Dear Jane in progress. Try to make 3 blocks a week with the goal of having it done in 2020... Fun to see what you have accomplished. The blocks are definitely time consuming!!!

Kate said...

That is such an extraordinary quilt! Your corners look great. So many pieces in those blocks. I admire your strength of will and skill in tackling such a complicated pattern.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

understand your feelings on Dear Jane I have made two of them!

sklinn62 said...

Can't wait to see you DJ. I haven't been brave enough to try it.

Judy D in WA said...

Love you blocks. That quilt is stunning. Your's will be too.
I am in awe of anyone that has made one. I'm going to continue to run away from it. :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW - those are amazing and detailed blocks!

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

That is gorgeous indeed, I could see myself staring at it for hours.

Rebecca Grace said...

Happy belated birthday, Judy! Your kite blocks look amazing. Dear Jane is on my QBL (Quilter's Bucket List) as well.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Happy Belated Birthday

I feel so guilty after seeing your progress, no matter how slow or fast mine is still in a box waiting to be worked on again.I need to get it out and remind myself, heck I don't remember how many I have completed. SAD

Taryn said...

I like that the museum displays Dear Jane regularly. I've tried twice to get there but was thwarted by weather once and bad plumbing the other time.

Marti said...

That is a beautiful quilt and the corner pieces look difficult. Since you are working on the border, does that mean you are almost finished?

Happy belated birthday!

Karen said...

The first Jane block has a lot of pieces and it is very well made.

Julie said...

Good heavens! I have never realized the corners were kites! You filled in a missing link for me, and I am truly grateful. The best luck on finishing your Jane quilt this year. They truly capture one's heart!