Pages

Monday, July 6, 2026

Design Wall Monday - July 6, 2026

 Happy 6th of July everyone!  

The 4th was pretty quiet around my house, but we did have some excitement the day before.  Hubby got a hole in one on the golf course!  We have been celebrating his celebrity status ever since.  Pretty good for an 84 year old!

I finished the America 250 doll quilt in time for the fourth.  It measures 12” by 16”. 


Here is a picture of it beside the copy I made of the original crib quilt.  My crib quilt measures 38” by 45”.  I blogged about making the crib quilt (Here)


If possible, I make a small quilt version to match every quilt I make.  In this case the quilt I made in 2016 was a replica of an 1862 crib quilt.  The original quilt sold at auction at Sotheby’s for $5,938 and measures 32.25” by 38.25”.

The cross stitch Jane Stickle doll quilt is progressing - but slowly this week.  



There are only 3 more blocks stitched this past week.  Some blocks take me more time than others to cross stitch, but I am nearing the finish line.  I like cross stitching.  There are only 8 more square blocks and 15 more triangles to make.  

The design wall:  The Jane Austen coverlet replica has 2 more rows of blocks with sashing between them:



Thank you to all of you for participating in our Design Wall Monday Linky Party.  I love looking at your pictures and reading your blogs.  I am so grateful that you share your progress with us.  You are a blessing!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Of course you didn't have much time to cross stitch when you were celebrating a hole in one! Wowzer! Congrats to hubby. You keep making steady forward progress. That's a victory if you ask me. Happy stitching this week.

Sara said...

Congratulations to your husband on that hole-in-one!! Pretty awesome for any age, but at 84 he's still playing much longer than most of us are able. Yay! Your miniature version of the quilts blows my mind. It's so pretty and has such tiny pieces. Great job!

Nann said...

A tale of two flags -- what size are the HSTs in the mini? I like your comment in the 2016 post that you made it for the pleasure of making it!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Go Hubby!!! that is awesome!!
love your finish too!

Melva said...

That's awesome! That's a great finish too. So many small HST. They look great! Thanks for the chance to share in the weekly party.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Your Americana 250 doll quilt is absolutely gorgeous! And a big congrats to your DH on his hole-in-one!