Lori's directions for the half squares at the edge were to make four separate half blocks. I have seen vintage quilts that are made with blocks cut in half to achieve the same thing, and I decided to do that. I knew that the seam allowance would be a little smaller, but decided it was just a doll quilt and it would be fine.
Well, right after I sliced the two blocks in half, I realized I had sliced them in half in the wrong direction! Oops! So I cut all of the previously made blocks in half, and in half again, and put them all back together again. With the seven blocks back together and now with center squares of four different blues, I cut two blocks in half the correct direction. Picture Tim Gunn from Project Runway urging me on......"Make it work!"
Here is the doll quilt top:
Lori's directions included cornerstones, but after the trouble I had with the setting squares, I decided to forgo the cornerstones in the sashing. It measures 21 inches square.
Here are the five blocks I started with before making the setting blocks:
For the rest of the week I will be working on Dear Jane triangles and blocks. The Dear Jane group meets next Tuesday, and I am hoping to get caught up with my blocks before that meeting.
Link up is happening today at Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday. (Here)