Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

A Tulip Quilt for Sweet Alyssa

Years ago, we went on our first mission trip to Haiti, and a worker in our group was a sweet young girl, who was 16 years old.  In fact, if I remember correctly, I think she turned 16 while were were in Haiti.  Anyway, she has always held a special place in our hearts, and at the end of 2016, Alyssa got married.  The quilt that we are giving to her as a wedding gift is this tulip quilt:









The binding went on this week, and I love the flower quilting pattern that my longarm quilter used on it:



Here's another picture of it on my front porch bench.  It's a cloudy day, but it still looks bright and cheery draped over the bench:




































We are rejoycing in the spring weather here in Michigan, and I do believe the snow is gone for good.  The birds are chirping their spring songs to me, and I am looking forward to seeing real tulips in bloom here soon.

Here's a picture of the lovely bride, and her sister, the matron of honor. Her veil was so delicate and beautiful, and she was so happy.  I love this picture!  Can't wait to put a label on this quilt and send it to her and her groom, to cuddle under.



Today is Monday, so I'm linking with Design Wall Mondays (Here)  and we will see what's on other quilter's design walls.

Also linking with Love, Laugh, Quilt's blog for "Monday Makings" (Here)

5 comments:

Karen said...

I like the off the shoulder look of the wedding dress. Very pretty. And so is the quilt.

AnnieO said...

Very sweet quilt for a lovely bride!

Jan said...

That is sure to be her favorite gift!

sandi s said...

That is a precious quilt! Hugs,

moosecraft said...

Beautiful quilt, beautiful bride and beautiful matron of honor! Happiness abounds! :-)