Pages

Monday, June 3, 2024

Design Wall Monday - June 3, 2024

 Good Morning Quilters!

When you read this post Monday morning, I will be in the hospital getting a brand new titanium knee.  Surgery is scheduled for 7:30 AM, and I will be in surgery for about 2 hours.  It is going to improve my mobility when I am healed, but I will not be sewing for a few days.  Please pray for a speedy recovery for my body.

This past week I did sew some more hourglass blocks and now three of the outer borders are complete.  Here is my design wall picture:


I looked at my pile of hourglass blocks that are made, and calculated how many more I need to complete the fourth border.  I need to make about 150 more hourglasses.  Here is the progress picture from a few days ago:


What is on your design wall?  Or, if not a design wall picture, show us what you are working on today.  Just click on the link below.

Thanks for participating in our Design Wall Monday Linky Party.  I appreciate all of you.  And thank you for your prayers for me this week.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

20 comments:

Pam said...

Best wishes Judy for a very successful recovery

Gretchen Weaver said...

I'm praying for your surgery and recovery!

maggie fellow said...

God bless your safe recovery - then on to marathons

Preeti said...

Sending Hugs and healing wishes. I am sure you will return good as new with energy and bursting with creative ideas.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Best wishes and prayers for your surgery and recovery.

Kate said...

Hope your surgery goes really well. I can sympathize, it does take a few days to get back on your feet quite literally. That hourglass quilt is really spectacular. So mnay blocks! Hope you are back to making the rest of those blocks really soon.

LA Paylor said...

wow this is going to be show worthy, do you enter the competitions like Paducah and Houston? I used to before covid... it's satisfying to have your quilt seen at such venues. Yours reminds me of the Japanese made quilts at the World competition show
LeeAnna

Elle said...

YEA!!! Congrats on the new knee. I love both of mine. The work of recovery is worth every moment and grimace. "Go slow to go fast".

Melva said...

Praying for you as you recover from your knee surgery. Blessings!

Bonnie said...

Hope the surgery goes well. The only thing I really know about knee replacement surgery is make sure you do your exercises once PT starts. Is it your "sewing knee?" That might be good physical therapy if it is.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a new knee! hope it all goes smoothly - recovery is painful I have heard but then you can move so much better, it will be worth it

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

And we appreciate you too, Judy. Though far far away from you, I am thinking about you and wishing you a successful operation, a wonderful recovery and newfound mobility!!

Nann said...

Hope all goes well with the surgery, Judy! Your quilt-in-progress is a beauty.

Turid said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery right from Norway. Your quilt will be really nice when you can sew again soon.

Julierose said...

Best of luck on your upcoming surgery and recuperation;)))
Your design wall is sporting such a lovely quilt...;))) hugs, Julierose

Quilting Gail said...

I hope your recovery is speedy!!! Take care and make sure you do all those exercises!!!

time4stitchn said...

Sending hugs and positive thoughts on your surgery and recovery! Hope all goes well. Here's to the titanium knee: hip hip hooray! You always have such great projects you are working on. I really like your style!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sending prayers for a quick and complete recovery! Hugs :)

Chrisknits said...

Your quilt is going to be amazing!!!

Nancy said...

Hi, Judy. I hope your knee replacement went well and that the after-care is manageable. I'm headed for one at the end of this month and it seems like the healing process (including the physical therapy and everything else one has to do after knee surgery) is a lot of work! I'm not looking forward to it but I think, in the end, it will be worth it. I hope that's true for you! Take good care.