Pages

Monday, April 9, 2018

Design Wall Monday - April 9, 2018

This week wasn't very productive - I trimmed some small hsts that someone gave me, and tried to arrange them into a doll quilt.  This is what I started out with:



But it didn't speak to me, so I looked for another alternate square.  The white with polka-dots seemed too similar to the pinwheel blocks.  I auditioned another fabric and liked it better:



I made the doll quilt, and it measures 20 inches by 18 inches, with the pinwheel blocks at 1.5 inches square....meaning the hsts are 3/4" by 3/4" square.  No wonder my friend gave them away to me......I must learn to say no.

Here is the finished top with mitered corners.  I shall bind it with the same plaid.




So, while I wasn't very productive in the quilting department, I scored some points with hubby Sunday when I made a turkey pot pie, and an apple pie.





What have you been doing?  I hope to hear from a lot of you today, as I will be sitting at the hospital with my sister all morning while she has surgery, and I will need the distraction.  (minor surgery, so not too stressful)

Design Wall link-up instructions are the same each week.  Please link back to this particular post somewhere within your current post.  I appreciate it so much when you do.

Use this address when you click on the "link" button:

http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com/2018/04/design-wall-monday-april-09-2018.html

and not the generic address of http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com





10 comments:

Kate said...

Oh so tiny! Very cute. Hope your sister's surgery goes well.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

such tiny pinwheels - I too hate waiting when someone is having surgery, even if it is a minor procedure - you know all well be well but still hate to wait - I hope your wait will not be long

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I think I hit the "burn out" from quilting the last 5 days. I am hoping to get with the program and my April goals today! Hummmmm! Have a great week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Nice cooking!! That would score points with us too! your Mini is very cute!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Judy those hsts are so tiny...I just can't imagine working with that size but you have handled it beautifully. This is a totally sweet little quilt.

chrisknits said...

I love the doll quilt! I will be working on cosmetic cases and knitting on a capelet. The weather is dreary, so no going outside. Hope all goes well with your sister.

Quilting Nonnie said...

I like your choice of plaid. That would still be true even though I am in love with plaids. It did make the block stand out. I'm amazed at your ability and tenacity to sew with such small squares!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

I finished a leader ender project yesterday, getting some of that Hoffman with gold I was so mad about so long ago. About 70X50, 1" squares finished.

Preeti said...

Those pinwheels are so much fun. Oh pie!!! Not my strong suit. Now if you are talking about chicken tikka masala, I am your gal :-)

Denise said...

The plaid background looks great. With the dot fabric the hst got lost. Those are some tiny hst, 1.5" is the smallest I have made. Flying geese however, I have made them .5" x 1". My sister was setting up a doll house for my great niece and I gave something that resembled a quilt frame. she purchased a little sewing machine pencil sharpener (I thing it was) and I made something like 3" x 5" quilt to attach to the frame. Thank you for hosting the link party.