Pages

Monday, December 24, 2018

Design Wall Monday - December 24, 2018

It's Christmas Eve morning!  I thought I'd show you some of my favorite Christmas scenes from past years instead of what I'm working on this week.  (I've been busy making Broken Dishes blocks and will show them to you next week.)

First, here's a "Martha Stewart moment" from a few years back:  I took thyme from my garden and made little wreaths for the windows on my vintage dollhouse.  I put Santa in the chimney, his reindeer waiting on the ground outside, and it all came together as if I had a plan.  The dollhouse is from my childhood, and is probably from 1948-1950.  Decorating it was a one year thing, and I felt very clever.



Next, the Christmas card picture that got the most comments.  Our dog Sally, had puppies just once, and it was such an amazing time for us.  This picture took a long time to take because when they were almost all asleep, one would wake up and wander off....and we'd put him back, and then another would wake up.  LOL  We finally got a few pictures of all seven of them sleeping together.  











The green plaid bows are on the males, and the red plaid bows are on the females.  It was such fun, but a once in a lifetime experience.  They all went to their new homes by Christmas Day.

Third, here's a picture of me with Santa.  He has assured me I'm on his "nice" list again this year, so all is well.



Fourth, a picture of our cabin in the snow.  I'm dreaming of a white Christmas with every Christmas card I write.....but sadly, there is no snow predicted for Christmas here this year.  So I have to rely on pictures of Christmas past. 




Fifth, a picture of my yeast cinnamon roll wreath that I have been making for over thirty years.  It's from the Betty Crocker cookbook, and I only make it at Christmas time. 




And lastly, a picture of Sophia Grace and Rosie in their Santa hats.  They stay in my sewing room, and keep me company while I make doll quilts.


Merry Christmas from me to you.  I hope your Christmas is merry and bright, and your new year filled with quilts!

I so enjoy the Design Wall Monday link up.  Please link up and show me what's on your design wall.  The only request I have is that you refer back to this particular blog post somewhere within your blog post.  Thanks!  

Note:  Since InLinkz has changed the format of their link up, some people have not been able to link, and I'm sorry for that.  However, I am not a techie, and don't know what to do to fix the issue.



   


Inlinkz Link Party

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Have a Blessed Christmas, enjoy the time with your family. Thanks for sharing your memories.

Kate said...

Love the doll house and the picture of the puppies. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Merry Christmas - Love your cabin in the woods

Quilter Kathy said...

Do I need a facebook account to link up? I entered my InLinkz password but that didn't work?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh Judy, what a great Christmas post. Favourite things all of them for me as well. We just have to be grateful the mind and fingers are still able and we get to enjoy such good things in life. Merry Christmas!

Sara said...

Merry Christmas! Those puppies gave me a much needed smile this morning. We don't have snow either, but anticipate a big winter storm just after Christmas. So I should have plenty of sewing time this week.

Pam said...

Merry Christmas Judy

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I signed in with my gmail account and it went smooth! Merry Christmas!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, those are really amazing photos. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a great Christmas...and snow soon.

QuiltGranma said...

love your tiny wreaths on the doll house!