Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival Pictures

Yesterday I visited the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, and saw some beautiful quilts.   Sue Garman has designed a beautiful quilt, named "Stars For a New Day".  There were two quilts in the show made from her pattern.

First, here's Sue Garman's version:


Isn't it beautiful?

The first one in the show was made by Linda James, and the following pictures are of her quilt, named "Ascent to the Stars":







The second one was made by Shawn Priggel, and he named his version "Stars For a New Day - My Way":










Both quilts have beautiful workmanship and beautiful machine quilting.  I thought it was interesting to see the same pattern done in different color schemes - and I enjoyed seeing both quilts.  Hope you enjoy seeing them too!

6 comments:

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Those are really beautiful! Thanks for sharing!!

Janet O. said...

I did enjoy seeing these two same/but different quilts. I really appreciate the up close shots of the quilting, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these pics. It really is fun to see the same pattern with different fabrics!

Leah Rubin said...

I may never quilt again. I am not worthy... These are stunningly beautiful both in concept and execution. Thanks for sharing.

Julierose said...

Thanks for the looksee on these three fantastic quilts--I cannot even imagine being that fine an artist. Julierose

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy--so like Linda James' quilt, "Ascent to the Stars"--The fabrics make this quilt even more wonderful--does anyone know the fabric collection, design or name --would love to know. Jackie jacquie_p2003@yahoo.com