Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Simplified Celtic Solstice

Almost at the finish line!

Here's where it was yesterday, as I worked on the binding during half times of the basketball games on TV.  Sadly, our beloved Michigan State was eliminated in the first game, and their rival, University of Michigan, was eliminated in the next game.   Ugh!



It has been a fun quilt to play with on the design wall, to put together, and now to finish.  A quilt label is next and then I will bring it to our guild meeting Saturday morning for show-and-tell.  

Here's the quilt draped over the couch:





I just love the quilting pattern Bonnie chose for her quilt, and I asked my machine quilter to do the same.  Linda Miller quilted it for me, and she not only found out the pattern, but also the scale that Bonnie used, and did the same scale on my quilt.  The pantograph is called "Celtic Curlz" by Patricia Ritter.  


Linda did a great job, and I am very happy with it.  Here is a picture of the start of this quilt, when it was on my design wall a few months ago:



What's on your design wall this Monday morning?  As usual, I'm heading over to Patchwork Times to look at design walls. (Here)

10 comments:

straythreads said...

Beautiful and love the quilting!

Janet O. said...

Turned out very pretty--and sounds like you have an accommodating quilter!! : )

traditional_quilter said...

Love your quilt Lori! I am waiting for my wide backing to arrive so I can get my Seltic Solstice quilt machine quilted and finished. I ordered wide backing fabric from a new line from Primitive gatherings "Homestead Gatherings" I ordered enough from 3 colorways for 3 big quilts. The fabrics blend nice with my civil war reproduction fabrics. The machine quilting turned out great also on your quilt. Have a great day!

Ramona said...

Your quilt is just beautiful. Love the quilting design, too. And I was right there with you... watching the outcome of the basketball with sadness, although we are huge Michigan fans. The basketball fun will begin again before we know it!

Anonymous said...

This turned out so beautifully! I love it!

Barb in Mi said...

Fabulous Celtic Solstice quilt! Congrats on a beautiful finish!

Unknown said...

This is another stunner! You never fail to impress, and the machine quilting is spectacular, too!

Sandy said...

Very nice! Its interesting to watch the process of these Mystery Quilts, as the results can be quite varied. I've only done one in my life and didn't end up loving it, so I've been afraid to try one again. Rather watch you all!

Lori said...

The quilt is gorgeous! The quilting is perfect for it.

Rebecca in AK said...

Beautiful!! I love your color choices.