Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts!!!

 A beautiful afternoon to be outdoors with quilts!  Millstone Quilts had their annual Outdoor Quilt Show and the sunshine and cool breezes made the quilts shine.  They have this show once a year, and serve up delicious free barbecue lunch plus 25% off everything in the store.  I am making this an annual event!


To learn more about the quilt store, their website is:  http://www.millstonequilts.com

Eye candy for you:
Front Porch
Stream next to the Mill
Entrance Door


Sunshine and Shadows - Literally!!!


Love the Thirties Repros
These looked like older fabrics - lovely quilt!

Love these two!
The middle quilt colors say "Spring is Here!"
See?

Five Quilts - All Beautiful!
Looks like it was a fun group project!
A House Quilt!!!! Be Still my Heart!!!

This "building houses from scraps" project was a 2012 phenomena!  If you want to learn more - http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com/
The Window of each House has a Fussy Cut Picture

 Well, today is Design Wall Monday, and here's what's on my design wall:


It's a Bonnie Hunter design, "Talkin' Turkey", and I am in the process of sewing flying geese to the plaid sashing pieces.  To see what other quilters are working on, here's the link:  (Here)

8 comments:

JoAnne said...

Aw shucks! Too bad we missed each other. We finished shopping and were the first to eat around 11. We left probably around noon. I love how we have similar photos and picked up on some of the same projects! I've been meaning to email you about Talkin Turkey. Did you read my blog last week about how I cut the sashing strips wrong? (9" instead of 9.5") When I got home from my retreat, I started to cut new ones and then found a fabric that I thought I would love to use for all of them. Then I saw your blog last Monday and noticed that you are using that gingham check for all of your sashing. I'm still undecided (paralyzed, in fact) about whether I want to use just the one or not. Most people I've asked love it, but I'm not so sure. It is going to take a while to decide. Meanwhile, I am working on my Blogger Girls BOM, too.

Quilting Stories said...

Those quilts are all different styles and all fantastic! How beautiful displayed in the nature!

Rebecca in AK said...

What a great quilt show! Thank you! I think my favorite was the quilt with all the little houses. Love the fussy cut windows especially! I also like the one with the white background and different colored Bear Paw blocks. Your Talkin' Turkey looks wonderful!

Ramona said...

I was there on Saturday, too! Gorgeous day for the outdoor quilt show. And lots of beautiful quilts to enjoy.

Janet O. said...

Just saw this event on JoAnn's blog. Looks like something I would not want to miss, too!
I am still in love with the checked sashing on TT! : )

Julierose said...

Lovely quilt show--thanks for the looksee. I really love that bear's paw one--it just speaks to me..hugs, Julierose

Sue Daurio said...

what a great venue for a quilt show, just love it. Wish they had something like that where I live!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a fabulous quilt show! This is one of my favorite shops here in VA!
Thank you for sharing all the wonderful pictures with us!

You are making fabulous progress on your Turkey Tracks quilt - very pretty!