Pages

Monday, April 22, 2019

Design Wall Monday - April 22, 2019

Some weeks there is so much happening that I have trouble picking a subject to stick with for the blog post.  April has been like that.  My birthday was celebrated April 16th, and through the wonder of the Internet, I heard from friends from far away and from many years past.  It was great!  76 years old now, it is hard to believe....time just flies by.

Remember the zillions of broken dishes blocks I was making?  They are now on the design wall, and are becoming a quilt top:


 I am about 40% finished, and surprisingly, it is going together rather well.  I think part of the success is that after quilting for so many years, my 1/4 inch seams are getting more consistent.  Yeah!

Another picture:




It fills my entire design wall, and will be king sized when complete.  Broken dishes blocks of four hsts are 2 inches square finished size.  I think it will be 100 x 100 inches.   Surprisingly, I'm not tired of assembly on this one.  It is varied enough that I have to pay attention to what I'm doing.

What is on your design wall this Monday?  Can't wait to see.  Please refer back to this particular blog post somewhere within your blog post.  Thanks!






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

16 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Happy birthday! Sorry I'm late... Your broken dishes blocks are wonderful, tiny and pretty!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your broken dishes quilt is lovely! It's good you aren't tired of this project yet since you've got so much to make. You were smart to piece the HST's first then sew the blocks. Happy Stitching! See you Wednesday!

Kate said...

Oh so many pieces! But it's coming together beautifully. Happy belated birthday!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Birthday wishes to you! And those blocks are gorgeous...all together amazing.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just love your quilt it is turning out so well. The pieces so small and lining up just right!

Nann said...

Happy birthday to you! Your broken dishes are just wonderful. I love patchwork because of its "geometricity" -- seeing the endless ways shapes fit together.

Churn Dash said...

That quilt is going to be amazing! It is beautiful.

Happy Birthday!

Helen

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

OMG, your broken dishes project is amazing! Wow!
We share our birthday - Happy (belated) B'day and best wishes for a great year.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

OH your broken dishes are absolutely stunning and love the colors! Great work!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

OH Happy Belated Birthday! Happy 76 - I am 74 going to be 75 in October, right behind you! Did you use a specific pattern for your Broken Dishes? I love the placement and just so striking!

Angeliasue said...

This is just lovely & the "tinies" really appeal to me. I like your use of 2 colors. Did you randomly use the different backgrounds?

Angeliasue said...

One more comment/question. Would you mind telling me the name of your background fabric? Thanks.

Pamela said...

Soooo gorgeous!

Judy Hansen said...

Sure, the background is "639 Jane Austen Clifton makower uk 100% cotton"......I bought a bolt a long time ago, because I wanted to make a replica of Jane Austen's quilt. But I am now in my senior years, using up background fabric for other projects - using up my stash even though I bought it for something else.

Celine said...

Happy belated birthday! Your quilt is looking amazing!

Christina said...

Wow! Your broken dishes quilt top is gorgeous! I can not wait to see it fully finished!