Good Morning Quilters!
I finished another block for the May Day Basket quilt:
It has been a good week for me, in that my medical issue of a few weeks ago (sudden temporarily blindness in one eye) has been checked out thoroughly.
I told my hubby that the brain scan results found that there was nothing there! LOL. Actually, all tests came back with great news and the doctors are not finding anything that needs surgery. The brain scan report had the word “patent” after every artery checked. I didn’t know what that meant, and the doctor said it meant “wide open”. So I learned the medical use of the word patent and the report was good in my tests.
What can I do to keep healthy? Get educated. It was a wakeup call for me to get educated about strokes. The lifetime risk of stroke for women between the ages of 55 and 75 in the United States is 1 in 5. Signs of a stroke:
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body.
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or difficulty understanding speech.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance, or lack of coordination.
If any of the above happens, call 911 immediately and get checked out.
Full shot of the whole quilt. It measures 64 inches square. 1,024 apple core pieces, none alike. 32 blocks by 32 blocks.
This Design Wall linky party has only two requirements. Please comply with both. Thanks!
1) Mention within your current post that you are participating in Design Wall Monday, and
2) Link back to this particular blog post from within your current post so it is easy for folks to jump back to this Design Wall Monday page to go to the next participant’s blog.