Good Morning Quilters!
This week I worked on piecing blocks for the new project that I’m working on. It’s a Pam Buda pattern called Old Mill Pond. I found out that even though I had the right sized pieces in all the right places, the colors in my block weren’t like the instructions. I haven’t made a green and blue quilt before, and am experimenting with which greens and which blues in my stash are going to be used together. But this block is ready for assembly, with the greens in the correct places, and the blues in the correct places.
Picture:
And here is a picture of the same block that I made before last Monday, that has blues and greens reversed in parts of it:
What I enjoy about quilting is that each quilt teaches me things. If every quilt went together like clockwork, I think I would be bored. However, with each project I love learning things. With this quilt, I am learning more about blues and greens. And also to double check the instructions before assembling blocks.
The Jane Austen quilt is still on the design wall, and I haven’t worked on it this past week. Maybe this week there will be some progress.
Also, the AQS Quiltweek Show is at the convention center in Grand Rapids on August 19-22, 2026. I don’t know if I will attend it or not. Life has been very busy lately,
Amy (our lovely house guest for the summer), moved back to the dorms yesterday, for her senior year in nursing at Calvin University. We will miss her a lot. She is an extra Granddaughter to us, and I enjoy that because her parents are so far away, in Bangladesh.
What is on your design wall? Please join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party and help us see your pictures and read your blog post. Thank you for participating.
No comments:
Post a Comment