Good Morning Quilters!
Let’s start off with the wildlife I’ve seen this week. We usually see some animals each week, but this week was full of animals. For example, today we visited DH’s home town in the middle of Michigan and saw 4 guinea hens by the road. Here is what they look like:
We were not near any houses, but they must belong to someone, as I looked them up, and they are not native to America. They sure were pretty. Interesting fact I learned from the internet……the male makes a one syllable sound similar to “Wheat”…..the female makes a two syllable call that sounds like “Buck wheat”
Then another time this week, while driving, we came upon what we thought was a small accident. Cars were stopped ahead of us, but when we got nearer, we saw the problem: a little white dog had somehow escaped from a car, and was running down the highway. Several other cars stopped, and some other people got out and also tried to catch the little dog. We don’t know how it turned out, but I loved that everyone was helping out. I like to believe that the little white dog was reunited with his family.
(Note that these pictures are from the internet, for illustration only.)
We watched a doe cross the road in front of us, followed by two fawns and it was a marvel to watch them jump and bound away to safety. The two fawns made the same leaps as their mom, and it was a serendipity to see them all leaping in succession.
Quilting went very smoothly this week. The sashing on the “middle three row section” of the Jane Austen quilt is moving along. A picture shows part of it on the floor……..I’m getting ready to add the long strips between rows. ( the are just placed between the rows right now - not sewn.)
The other half is still on the design wall, ready for the long sashing strips between rows. But the little sashing strips between each block have been added.
The upper left section is on the design wall, waiting for all sashing to be added, between blocks in each row, and between rows:
What are you working on? Or what are you playing with this week? It is a joy to read your blogs and look at your pictures each week. Thank you for joining our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below. I appreciate you.
No comments:
Post a Comment