Before the sewing machine stopped working, I finished the latest doll quilt from Lori's blog. It's named Abundance (Humble Quilts Abundance link up ) Lori's blog is one of my favorites, and she has great instructions for doll quilts for all of us to make.
Here's my finished version of Abundance. It's 12 inches square, and is tea-dyed to make it look older.
Sophia Grace and Rosie like it very much!
Since my sewing machine was not working last week, I made use of my time cutting and kitting up fabric and seam ripping. Here are two other things I worked on: (1) A kit I bought had 1.5 inch strips of fabric, and I sorted fabrics and cut the length of each piece needed for this pineapple quilt. It's 30 squares, and each square is 13 inches finished size, with rounds of lots of 1 inch finished pieces. Now I'm eager to start sewing on it. It's from Moda, Collections for a Cause - Legacy.
(2) A great friend, Sharyn, gifted me with a partially completed applique block of the month from Blackbird Designs. It's called Birds of a Feather, and I have enjoyed looking online at different versions of this quilt. I am having fun with it, and when completed, it will be a great reminder of my good friend, and I will think of her every time I snuggle under it. Sharyn had completed several of the blocks, and I decided to make a big change - by changing out the background fabric. I know, lots of seam ripper work, but it actually went very fast, and I'm auditioning background fabrics right now. The dark green background is being replaced with light cream color. I love the teal fabrics she used for birds and flowers. Here's the leading contender for a background, a fabric named "freckles", and a picture of a piece of the previous background.
Check out Patchwork Times to see what everyone else has on their design wall this Monday.
The Janome sewing machine is now fixed (new fuse) and is humming peacefully again. The repairman's advice: Don't plug in the iron and radio and sewing machine in the same socket - even with a surge protector - because that was probably what caused the fuse to blow. So now that I know better, I'll do better.