Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

AAQI Quilt Made from Dear Jane Retreat Scraps



At a recent Dear Jane retreat in Shipshewana, IN, a friend sitting next to me was throwing away the little corners she snipped off.  I collected them, and she started giving them to me when she saw I was rescuing them from the trash.  I'm such a sucker for plaids!  She told us her father-in-law was suffering from Alzheimer's and I made this little quilt to help in a small way with the AAQI's fund raising efforts.


After I made the half square triangles and put them together, I was thinking about a plaid border, and went to the website to see what size quilts they wanted.  The quilts must be 9 x 12 or smaller in size.  Since it measured 9 inches square before adding a border, it didn't get a border!  I used the plaid that I was thinking about using for a border for the binding and the back.  The AAQI's instructions have cute little triangles on the back for hanging purposes. Instructions:  http://www.alzquilts.org/sleeve.html


I think I'll add these to all of my doll quilts from now on, and then if I want to hang them up, they will be good to go!  Here's the back:






I will let you know when it is for sale at the AAQI site, as there is an application and waiting period.  But right now, little bunny is enjoying it at my house!




9 inches x 9 inches, machine stitched and machine quilted.  Hanging triangles on all four corners on the back.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love this little quilt! The small pieces of red really add to it.

Lori said...

Very sweet and for such a good cause!!

Jeanne said...

What a great use of your leftovers from the retreat! Your little quilt is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Darling!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Delightful blog! Your little quilt is adorable as others in past posts. I love doll quilts too! They are so much fun to make...also a great way to use up "scraps". I will visit you again...soon!

:) Carolyn

LuAnn said...

What a cute little quilt and a great cause to donate it to!

Diane said...

Love the picture with the teddy! The quilt colors are fabulous!