Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

A Bonnie Day at our Guild! Part II

My last post about Bonnie Hunter's visit to our local guild is continued below, with more pictures of Bonnie's bodacious quilts!


Bodacious
This one is appropriately named Bodacious!  Her bow ties are made from four patches that were leaders and enders.

Easy Street
Easy Street Back
East street front and back.  Bonnie sure has me opening up to use more on the backs of my quilts than just plain muslin.  And to use colors I don't think I like!

Winston Ways
Midnight Flight
Narragansett Blues

Love, love, love this one.  Of course, because it's blue!  It's in Bonnie's new book, which is just released, More Adventures with Leaders and Enders.


Lazy Sunday Morning
This quilt is so bright and cheerful!

Roll Roll Cotton Boll


Remember on the first part of this quilt show, when Bonnie Hunter said she saved the small half-square triangles cut off from Starstruck rectangles?  Well, they are here in Roll Roll Cotton Boll!  Lots of them!

This was a mystery quilt, and I remember making a gazillion half-square triangles, and if I use Bonnie's scrap user system in the future, I will already have them as bonus triangles from another quilt.  What a concept!  Bonnie talks about it on her blog (Here)

Blue Skies

Blue Skies, which has yellow and blue - two of my favorite colors.  Lots of strings here.
Cotton Candy

Bonnie has no daughters, and said she just had the urge to make something totally "pink".  It is sure beautiful! Love the backside also!

Cotton Candy Back
Pineapple Crazy was just amazing in person.  Bonnie took leftover pieces from everywhere, and created a paper-pieced lovely quilt, using fabric that many quilters would have (or did!) throw away.  

Pineapple Crazy
Next up was Jamestown Landing, and it is on my bucket list.  I love it!
Jamestown Landing

She used creams, tans up to "brown paper bag" color for the neutrals, and lovely blues.  

She closed the show with this wowzer!!!  It's her hexie quilt, and she's nearing the finish on it.




Some of the pictures are a little fuzzy, and I apologize, but most of the time my mouth was open in awe, and my hand wasn't too steady on the camera.   Thanks to Bonnie Hunter for the amazing show of her quilts.  She is one of my heroes.

Here's what I worked on recently:


I'm directing you over to Judy Laquidara's blog for Design Wall Mondays - my favorite Monday morning activity is looking at all the quilts there.  (Here)

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Thanks for sharing Bonnie's show. There were some "new to me" quilts in there.
That is a cute little quilt you have made there. : )

regan said...

Awesome show.....thanks for sharing Bonnie's quilt with us! She's my hero, too! And that's a sweet little quilt you made! I love it!

Me and My Stitches said...

Such fun - I'm always amazed at how much Bonnie gets done in a day. I bet it was really amazing to see all of her quilts in person.

Jan said...

Loved this Bonnie Quilt show. I Love her patterns. I am gradually getting my scraps organised using her system.