Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

Design Wall Monday - September 23, 2019

Good Monday Quilters!  I wanted to show you another hand pieced, hand quilted beauty from the special exhibit that was at the AQS QuiltWeek in Grand Rapids recently.  This one made me stop and think about why I fuss about the colors I choose.  Look at this beautiful quilt:



It is so brightly colored and I was amazed that I liked all of it - together!  Bright red cornerstones, purple sashing, pink blocks, orange blocks, maroon blocks, anything goes:

Here are close-ups of two blocks:  Eight 4-patches and eight hsts make up the block:  




Here is the card with info about this quilt:



What is on your design wall this week?  I so enjoy looking at your work.  Keep posting and linking, please.  All I ask is that you provide a link somewhere within your blog post that links back to this particular blog post.






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

8 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful quilt, thank you for sharing

Kate said...

Very colorful. But some of the blocks have neutral backgrounds, I think that keeps it from being too over the top. The maker definitely made due with what she had.

AnnieO said...

That is an amazing quilt, I agree! Fascinating color choices, love it.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a gorgeous quilt - and your are right - color is important to think about!

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt...I just showed it to my 16 yo GD...and she loves it too!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a spectacular antique quilt! I agree -- quilters today are probably overly cautious about "what goes together" compared to quilters of the past who were limited by what was available and didn't have the luxury of auditioning a bazillion different options at the LQS. What's also amazing about this quilt is that it doesn't show the fading that is so common with antique quilts, so its "true colors" are still there. I'll bet the wild and crazy colors of this quilt are more common than we realize, if we could only see every antique quilt in its unfaded original glory. Thanks for sharing this treasure and for hosting the linky!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Absolutely fabulous old quilt! Not matchy matchy, and just terrific. Love the baptist fan quilting on it too. Looks like some of the purple sashing faded, and no matter!

CTNBEE said...

A great quilt. I love seeing how solids work so well with this pattern. It is a beautiful quilt, that's for sure!