Pages

Monday, May 10, 2021

Design Wall Monday - May 10, 2021

Good Morning Quilters!  This week I copied a little doll quilt from the many doll quilts in the Mary Ghormley doll quilt collection.  Her collection can be viewed online at the international Quilt Museum.  Here is the link to this particular doll quilt (Here)  This little quilt is also in  a book about Mary’s doll quilt collection, Childhood Treasures, by Merikay Waldvogel.

Quilt top next to the picture in the book:



Sometimes I must stop whatever I am working on and make a little doll quilt.  I can’t explain it, I just do it.  This week I plan to machine quilt it and add pink binding.

I also made one week’s worth of stars in the “12 stars a week plan” for the 10 Cents a Chance Flag Quilt.  So far, so good.  



Friday, we visited The holland Tulip Festival, in Holland, Michigan and here are some of the beautiful tulips we saw:






What are you going to show us in your linky pictures this week?  I am looking forward to seeing your linkups.  The rules are the same each week:  Please say something about the Design Wall Monday linky party, and provide a link to this blog post from somewhere within your blog post.  Thanks!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your doll quilt is so cute! Sometimes we just need a change of pace. The tulips are so lovely, I haven't been to the tulip festival in years. Happy stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the little quilt is so cute - may I ask what do you do with such little quilts - display them in some way? I never make such little quilts but see on some blogs here and there where one has them all tacked up on a wall

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Adorable Mini!! the stars on the Blue are looking marvelous!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

I understand the compulsion to just make a little quilt! That is adorable! How wonderful to be able to see such gorgeous tulips!

LA Paylor said...

LOVE tulips!!

Susan said...

Very cute and adorable doll quilt!

Carol in Texas said...

What glorious tulips! We do not see such in our part of Texas, so your photos are a happy sight. I love that little doll quilt. What a very nice obsession to have! I enjoy your weekly postings very much. Carol in Texas

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your little doll quilt is so precious. I just love little doll quilts . I have been devouring your blog this week starting with posts from past years. It has been a delight.Thank you for hosting the link party.

Rebecca Grace said...

Those tulips are spectacular, Judy, and your doll quilts are beautiful as well. What size binding do you use for your doll quilts? Eighth inch finished?

Sara said...

What a sweet doll quilt. And the tulips!! Be still my heart! No Monday Design Wall for me this week, as we have been out of town for a graduation and had some other family drama that took the place of sewing the past few days.

Vicki in MN said...

I really enjoyed the photos of the tulips!

AnnieO said...

That is a truly darling doll quilt. I like making small quilts now and then, the finishes are faster to realize and enjoy!
Wow at the tulip festival. Nothing like that in SoCal

QuiltGranma said...

I have found that when I'm stymied by lethargy and indecision if I make a doll quilt, something small that doesn't take a lot of time, that gets my motor going again! And off to the races I go again! A quick little finish cures the doldrums/doll-drums! pun intended

Carol Andrews said...

Love the little quilt. My week was full of chores and pattern writing rather than any new inspiration, but I did finish a secret sewing project, too! Emptied my scrap bin which was fun! 🥴