Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

Design Wall Monday - May 17, 2021

Good Morning Quilters!

The little doll quilt I started last week is now finished.  It measures 12 x 13.5 inches.  As I said last week, it is a copy of one of the doll quilts in the Mary Ghormley Collection which is at the International Quilt Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska.  The original doll quilt is 17.25 x 19.5 inches.



I made the little triangle corners on the back for ease in hanging it up, should I decide to do so.  If I remember them, they are so easy to add before the binding is added.


And next is my progress on the stars for the “10 Cents A Chance” quilt.  12 stars each week is just enough of a goal for me.  The first star field is now half finished.  


Since there are six flags in the quilt, I have 1/12th of the stars finished.  I like the primitive look of the appliquéd  stars, and am learning how to do them better with each star.

I spent a lot of time outside last week in my flower beds, now that the weather has improved.  I think I overdid it a little bit yesterday though, because I can really feel it in my tired muscles.  Today will be spent inside looking at all of your lovely blogs.  Please participate and show all of us what you are working on.

A reminder that if you choose to link up, I request that you link back to this post and urge your readers to come to Design Wall Mondays so your readers can see all the design walls here.  And no, you don’t have to have an actual design wall to participate.  But please do link back to this post.  Thanks!  



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Nann said...

The small quilt is charming, Judy. You've got quite a galaxy with the flag project.

AnnieO said...

Forgetting hanging corners is a special skill I use often, lol! Glad you remembered. Great job on getting your stars stitched in batches.

Astrid said...

That's a cute doll quilt! Great idea to add triangles for hanging. Progress on those stars, looks great.

Anonymous said...

Judy, you tiny quilt is amazing!

Michelle
https://mybijoulifeonline.com

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Love your little doll quilt. It turned out amazing. And you are moving right along with the stars. Have a lovely week and thank you for hosting the link party, Judy.

sandi s said...

I love your mini quilt!. Hugs,

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, what a lovely small quilt and those stars.... wow. I'm so impressed! Good luck! I can understand about over doing it in the garden - it's the only time that I do yoga - otherwise I might not stand upright again! Take care.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a lot of stars you are making there!
Such a sweet finish with the doll quilt!