Pages

Monday, May 16, 2022

Design Wall Monday - May 16, 2022

Good Morning Quilters!

My design wall looks the same as it did last Monday because I had a very busy week.  No quilting done here.  My sweet hubby turned 80 and we had a big party Saturday to celebrate.  Lots of family and friends came and it was a wonderful day.   



The weather has been great and the yearly brood of House Finches flew from the nest on Friday.  There were three fledglings and here is a picture of two of them, just after the first brave one took flight.  I put the fake pigeons above the nest on a  ledge to discourage birds from building a nest in the area.  But the Finch family was not fooled by them.  I like House Finches, but they do make a mess.


What has your week been like?  I am looking forward to your posts and pictures so I can see your progress.  Thank you so much for joining the Design Wall Mondays Linky Party again.  My happy place is when you mention Design Wall Mondays on your blog and also provide a link back here from within your post.   

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to your Guy! Sounds like everyone had a great time. Now you can rest and recover in your sewing room for a bit. Have a great week.

Vicki in MN said...

Remember in the last year or perhaps it is two I was asking where you got the basket patterns because they reminded my of my mom and I thought I wanted to stitch some myself. The joke is on me I guess as yesterday I was looking at the many embroidery patterns I purchased over the years and in the very back of that folder was a packet of basket patterns!! Yes they were ones I purchased over 15 years ago!!!

Nann said...

Happy birthday! Robins keep trying to nest in the downspout and I keep knocking down their efforts. (The year that they did build a nest and lay eggs I found out how territorial they are. I couldn't go into the back yard for two weeks or the cock robin would dive-bomb me!)

Churn Dash said...

Happy Birthday!
We got a fake owl to try and discourage a sapsucker. My husband looked out one morning to see a cat get up close then swipe at it. Neither the cat nor the sapsucker were fooled.
Helen

Quilter Kathy said...

How fun to watch a family of birds hatch and grow!
Happy Birthday to hubby!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to your husband! I am having a hard time getting into the sewing room too this past week. The photo of the finches is really cool.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Happy Birthday!!! take time to celebrate!!!

Bonnie said...

We have a couple of Robins securing their nest. I've never been dive bombed but they sure complain to me. Happy BD to your hubby. Sometimes other things take precedent over quilting. (Not much but honestly, an 80th BD... definitely takes preference!)

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, it sounds like it was a great reason to now sew :-) I love watching the birds in our yard. They are so entertaining! Have a great week.