Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Design Wall Monday - July 11, 2022

 Good Morning Quilters!

Well, life is flying by for me.  We had a wonderful week up at the cabin, and I did very little quilting.  This week I plan to settle down and get the following completed:

1) Sew the last 4 diagonal seams of the May Day Basket Quilt:


I do procrastinate when sewing long seams where pinning at block corners is required.  I am looking forward to working on the outer border on this one, so Judy is pushing Judy to get these seams sewn this week.

2) Finish another little embroidered basket on the May Day Basket Doll Quilt:


This was with me lately when traveling and I did get two baskets finished.  I am working on the middle right side basket.  Only three to go and I can move on to the border.  I want to test my border idea for the big quilt on this one first - to see if I like it.

3) Finish a block for my Benjamin Biggs Wedding Quilt:


There are 12 leaves left to appliqué, so it will be finished soon.  This block is actually in the bottom row of the pattern, and I am going to jump around a little bit while making blocks for this reproduction,   Two more blocks are similar to this one, and they will be next.

Speaking of jumping around, I just sent this poem to a mother of a six year old, and I will send it to you too, as it always makes me smile.  I am jumping around this week just as happily as Christopher Robin:


What are you working on?  Thanks to all of you who join each week with our Design Wall Mondays Linky Party.  I appreciate you!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your May baskets are so cute, especially the mini quilt. I hope your border idea works out, happy stitching!

Preeti said...

I recently received the second set of boxes from Island Batik and spent Sunday shooting the unboxing video, taking pictures, consolidating scraps, making room for new fabrics, arranging and organizing the fabrics and other supplies. It is Monday and as much as I wish to play with my new supplies, I must go to work. Adulting is hard.

Bonnie said...

It looks to me that you made forward progress on your projects -- that is what we need to do. Slow but steadily gets the job done too.

Churn Dash said...

For me it is borders that make me procrastinate.

Those baskets look so beautiful. Handwork can be very relaxing.

Helen

Quilter Kathy said...

I procrastinate those long diagonal seams too! Good luck with your projects this week!

AnnieO said...

Long joining seams are a chore! I usually separate the job into two sections, so I only have to have that heavy weight for the final joining seam.
Pretty basket project. Love that green.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your blocks are looking so pretty. I sometimes procrastinate on certain aspects of quilting too. Love the darling poem. Have a wonderful week. Happy quilting.

Grams Jean said...

This week I taught my beginning quilt class beginning hand quilting. I think one of my students is some form of dyslexic. She has a real difficulty understanding and seeing even when I go really slow. Patience! We will continue next month.

Celine said...

Your baskets are so beautiful. Well done.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, your May Day basket quilts are coming along well. Good luck with figuring out the border - it's great that you can do that on the smaller one. Enjoy your week!