Pages

Monday, January 30, 2023

Design Wall Monday - January 30, 2023

Good Morning Quilters!

UFOs have been getting finished here at a fast pace this January!  The cheddar/black fall quilt has its solid black borders attached, and is ready for the long arm quilter.  Here is a picture of it:

Nine blocks by nine blocks which finish at eight inches each.  Borders finish at six inches, making the quilt top 84” by 84” square.

The redwork quilt top has been completed and is ready for quilting.  I am still thinking about the plan to quilt this one…….minimally for sure.

I looked at the corners I created and decided to add some leaves or flowers where it looked a little sparse.  Here, for example, are two corners that I changed:

Before:  


After:


I could add another leaf on this corner, but at some point, I must stop and let it be finished, right?

Before:


After:



I also completed the middle block, #13, of the Benjamin Biggs Wedding quilt 25 blocks that I am working on.  It was busier than most of the blocks so far, and I am glad it is completed.  On to block #14!   There are 25 blocks in all, and I have 14 of them made.  This block has some blue fabric in it - the only block in the original quilt with blue fabric.  I like it.


What are you working on this week?  It is the last Monday in January and I feel we are getting off to a great start this year.  Your blog linkup pictures have been fantastic.   I have to put my blinders on when I read your blogs to keep me from starting more projects.  Beautiful work!  Please join in the Design Wall Monday Linky Party below, and show us what you are doing.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

Julie in GA said...

You've certainly had a very productive week! The black and cheddar quilt looks great, and I love your additions to the redwork borders.

Gretchen Weaver said...

You will have a large quilt for show & tell at retreat this spring! I like the embroidery you're adding to the redwork quilt, especially that flower, happy stitching!

maggie fellow said...

I am glad you are moving along on your projects - they are so nice

Kat Scribner said...

Judy, your cheddar UFO is a real beauty.

Michelle said...

The Cheddar quilt is amazing! I would never have considered this color scheme, but I really like it. And your additions on the red work corners are perfect.

Nann said...

I love your black/cheddar quilt -- gorgeous tones set off the piece-filled blocks. Pretty applique wreath, too.

Deb said...

Yes , that leaf on the corner looks great, but I agree with you, you have to stop adding and finish up. The Redwork is so beautiful! Thanks for letting us enjoy all your great work! Stay safe and sew on !

Marti said...

Congratulations on your finish! What are you going to name your cheddar and black quilt?

AnnieO said...

Love the black and cheddar quilt, looks so sophisticated.
Redwork project is so sweet. I like your additions. Happy Stitching!

Astrid said...

You've been busy! Your quilt is a beauty, the black border is perfect. Beautiful stitchery too. I agree that you added the leaf and flower in the 'empty' corners. Beautiful redwork! Pretty BBW block too.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, I think that you did a great job with the corners of your redwork. It looks great. I recognize a lot of those blocks in your Vote for Women quilt. I will get it done one day :-) Have a great weekend and thanks for the party!

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your two great finishes!