Pages

Monday, October 16, 2023

Design Wall Monday - October 16, 2023

Good Morning Quilters!

We have been on vacation this week, and went to Lubbock, Texas to visit a granddaughter who is a student at Texas Tech.  She is a baton twirler with their band.  We had a nice week watching their great band, and going to see the football game on Saturday.  Their team lost, but we thought the halftime show was terrific, especially the baton twirlers!

Here’s a picture of us with her:



While traveling with our daughter to the game, our daughter crocheted, and I knitted.  Here’s our progress:

First, Christa made me “Frog and Toad” to give to our great-grandson as a birthday gift.  I have three of the classic Frog and Toad books to give him, and thought he would like some stuffed animals to go with the books.  Christa is so talented and can crochet anything in such a short time.  It’s fun to watch her.  I am going to add mouths of black yarn after I look at the book illustrations.


I knitted several cotton dishcloths/washcloths as small gifts for friends:



So that’s about it around here, as we were away most of the week.  I will be back home to work on quilting this week, and hope to have some progress to show you by next Monday.  .  I know you have some progress to show me today!  Thanks for joining in our Design Wall Monday Linky Party. 

just add your link below and remember to mention Design Wall Monday within your post.  Your projects are much more interesting than mine this week, so I’m looking forward to reading your blogs and seeing your project pictures.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

maggie fellow said...

My daughter and I do the same thing - how fun

Kate said...

Lubbock isn't the easiest place to get to, it's really out in the middle of nowhere! Thankfully the weather in TX has cooled down, Grad Girl says that long sleeved shirts are now bearable in her part of the state. Those frogs are really cute! Safe travels!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great family photo!!! Love the toad & frog crochet!!! And the books! Are you using a pattern for your dishcloth?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice to get some crochet or something done on long drives, sometimes I can and other times I get busy day dreaming or looking at the scenery

Gretchen Weaver said...

Nothing for me to link to today. Sounds like you had a good visit to Texas. I like the simple dishcloths you're making, they look like a good way to use leftover yarn. Happy stitching, see you in a few weeks!

Bonnie said...

Looks like you had a fun trip and were productive too. Bonus. The frogs are darling. Someone is going to enjoy those dish cloths too. Have a quilty week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like a fun trip!!! I bet your grand daughter was so excited to see you!!

Rebecca Grace said...

How lovely to see the picture of you with your family, Judy! Those Frog and Toad softies are fabulous. My son loved those books when he was little. And home-knitted dish cloths are the BEST!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, that sounds like a great trip - you all look great in the picture with your granddaughter! Safe journey!

Jennifer said...

What a fun trip!