Pages

Monday, July 29, 2024

Design Wall Monday - July 29, 2024

Good Morning Quilters!

I’m still working on Bowtie blocks, and am making good progress.  Here is a  progress picture:  


The time it takes me to sew these blocks is greater than I anticipated.  The good news is that whenever I finish a block, I look at it while I’m pressing it, and say, “Well, aren’t you cute!”  So they are still amusing me.

The Paris Olympics has just started, and I am looking forward to watching some of the competitions.  I like to watch all sports.  I like the ones I know a lot about so I can watch my favotite players…., and the ones I know nothing about because I always learn something new.  Are you watching any special olympic sport as you quilt?

Please join our Non-Competitive Design Wall Monday Linky Party.  Everyone who joins in is a winner.  Thanks for participating each week.  


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely Bow Ties you've accumulated there;))) Hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

I bet those do take a bit of work finish! Are you hand piecing those? Enjoy your stitching time this week.

Bonnie said...

Good for you to stick with your bowties. They appear to me to be much more difficult than what I would do. So good for you to finish them. I watched a bit of the Olympics last night but turned it off so I could finish my blog. We watch sports here -- usually it's Orioles baseball, any golf, college football. I understand baseball the best. I even was voting for Orioles players for the all star team. Weird, I know. But generally I have something else I'm doing instead of just watching a game.

Rebecca Grace said...

I love that you tell each block how cute it is once it's finished, Judy! I was working on prepping applique rosebuds at my kitchen table last night while the Olympics was on. I always say I'm not interested, but then the women's gymnastics started and they are just incredible!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, if they're still making you smile, then that's great. Have fun watching the Olympics.

Sara said...

It's awesome that you are enjoying the process of remaking the bowties, because it would be easy to get tired of them as there are so many. I'm a real Olympics junky - both summer and winter games. I especially enjoy the swimming, track and field, and the gymnastics. But I've watched quite a few other sports this week too.

Anonymous said...

Your bow ties are cute! I don't usually watch sports but I live in France and I'm on holidays this week so we've been watching a bit

Quilter Kathy said...

I am late to the party, but better late than never!
I adore your bow tie blocks... what a fun project to stitch during the Paris olympics! Trés bien!