Pages

Monday, October 21, 2019

Design Wall Monday - October 21, 2019

Hello quilters!  We got back home safely last Monday morning, and were 'none the worse for wear', after our overnight stay in Chicago.  What have I accomplished this week?  Well, I've done a little on several projects, and mostly worked on applying binding to a large quilt.  Here is a picture of Penny Lane, trying to sit on my lap and chew on a bone while I'm trying to sew down binding.   As you can see, it's not working out very well.  ha ha
































I now have the binding on three sides, and about half of the final side, so I should finish it up today.  Then I have to add a hanging sleeve and a label to this one.

What are you working on today?  I hope to be able to sit down and look at all of your blogs this week.  It seems like life is just flying by - with the trip to Texas, and an eye doctor visit to squire my sister to - and the usual household chores - I've watched the week fly by quickly.

So I'm going to work with more of a "plan" today - to take time for people I care about - (YOU) - and visit your blogs this week.  Please link up with this blog post below, and provide a link back to this particular blog post from somewhere within your blog post.  Thanks!





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

9 comments:

Kate said...

It does seem like the weeks just fly by. Sometimes you just have to take a breath and do what you can. Hope things slow down for you soon.

For the love of geese said...

Texas and Chicago, that is enough to shock the system. I look forward to you sharing a picture of this finish, I see flying geese peaking out.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the weeks and days fly by! glad you had fun on your time away

Preeti said...

A handsome dog on a gorgeous quilt = pure bliss!!!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

we are finally back home, and finally beginning to remember where everything is in the big house... and my mind is wanting to make a halloween quilt, I love they are using lots of purples and limes now, a favorite combo. Penny Lane is too cute to be legal, I want to lay kisses on her forehead. Sharyn

AnnieO said...

Nice to have a constant companion trying to share in your work, haha! Hope more stitchy time happens for you. :)

QuiltGranma said...

Oh, such a wonderful feeling to be on the last stretch of a quilt... NEARLY DONE. Congratulations on another finish! Now, onward to the next project.

Rebecca Grace said...

Welcome home, Judy! I remember those Nylabones oh too well from the puppy stage! That is too funny, that you're trying to sew the binding while the puppy is laying on the quilt. Is Penny trying to get you to hold the other end of her bone for her, while you're sewing?! :-)

Celine said...

You're nearly there! Good luck!