Pages

Monday, September 26, 2022

Design Wall Monday - September 26, 2022

 Good Morning Quilters!

I got a little bit further toward my goals this week, and plan to have  the border on the May Day Basket Doll Quilt by next Monday's post.  

Here is my progress on the doll quilt border:


And here is my 
one flower and its four leaves start on a Benjamin Biggs Wedding Quilt block.     I will try to have it finished by next Monday.

It has four flowers like this and four separate oak leaves.  I feel I am getting a little bit better at needle turn applique.  Hurrah!  It is true that the way to learn something is practice, practice, practice..........and this quilt is giving me practice.

What's up on your design wall this Monday?  I have enjoyed reading your blogs this last week.  Such a mix of different projects and I like all of them!  Your fall projects have me itching to make something with fall colors.  Maybe I will sneak in a little fall doll quilt before the weekend.  

Please join in the Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and tell us what you are doing.  As always, I would like you to link back to this particular blog post (not just to my blog in general) and it would be extra nice if you invite others to come here and see all the other Design Wall Monday blog posts.  Thank you for participating.  


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

7 comments:

maggie fellow said...

good looking border

Bonnie said...

You are so right practice does help. I like how you placed your patter esp on the leaves. Nifty.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Benjamin Biggs is such a wonderful project. I've never gotten the hand of needle turn and I guess I've never really given it a good try. It would be nice to not have to diddle with freezer paper. Anyway, good luck with your goals!

Michelle said...

The embroidered quilt is moving along beautifully!

Gretchen Weaver said...

No handwork or sewing here, we moved Saturday! Still have more stuff to move over here but we're sleeping great at night! Happy stitching for you!

AnnieO said...

The basket quilt looks so sweet already--such a special quilt it will be.
Needle turn applique isn't something I have done more than a couple of times--yours is looking very pretty.

Quilter Kathy said...

Practice does make perfect! Such a lovely doll quilt!
I haven't written my design wall post yet - might not get to it this week!