Pages

Monday, March 4, 2024

Design Wall Monday - March 4, 2024

Good Morning Quilters!

For a several weeks, a friend’s Granddaughter, Elise, has been coming to my house on Monday evenings,  to learn about quilting.  She wants to make a quilt for her daughter’s bed.  After choosing a nine patch block design, she began looking at my stash.   She had fun picking out colors and practicing the “1/4 inch seam thing”.   I had fun seeing her enthusiasm. 

Last Monday night, she had enough blocks made to play around with them on the design wall.  Here is a picture of Elise and her project:


Sorry about the picture being a little blurry, it was the end of the evening last Monday, and I thought to take her picture on the spur of the moment.  She is so happy with her progress on her quilt, and I am too!

We left it on the design wall all week, and she is coming back tonight to see it again, and make her final decision on where the blocks are arranged..  It is so much fun to see someone learning to quilt.  Tonight, she will start sewing the blocks all together if she is ready to do that.  

What are you working on this week?  I hope you are having as much fun with your design wall as Elise is!  Join the Design Wall Linky Party below and show us what you are making.  Thanks, I appreciate you.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nothing like the enthusiasm of a new quilter to inspire us long-time quilters...just seeing her delight makes me want to sew!

Kate said...

How fun for both of you. Her blocks are looking good.

Bonnie said...

Elise has done a great job so far. You are doing a great job teaching her. Does she sew at home or only on Mondays at your house? Hopefully she'll get the quilt bug and enjoy quilting for years. It is a wonderful hobby and keeps the brain active.

Sara said...

Such a fun experience for you and for her. Her 9-patch quilt design is looking really good, and such spring-y colors.

Nann said...

Congratulations to Elise!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!

LA Paylor said...

I love the name elise, my niece's name! Pretty quilt and girl, and yea to the next gen learning to sew! I find 9 patches so nice to see on a bed too.

LeeAnna

Marsha Cooper said...

I'm planning on working on my guild challenge, which I can't share online until after the event at guild in May.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, it's so much fun seeing a new quilter get excited! I'm having fun with my girlfriend who is now learning. We'll be making a Christmas panel quilt together. Should be fun!

Celine said...

That's so nice. Well done on teaching your friend, she looks delighted with the outcome!