Pages

Monday, September 2, 2024

Design Wall Monday - September 2, 2024

 Good Morning Quilters!

Labor Day is celebrated in America to honor the workers who built America.  As quilters, our labors of love are to be celebrated too.  So Happy Labor Day to you!

While at the AQS Quilt Sow in Grand Rapids recently, I saw many beautiful quilts.  I thought I’d share another one with you today.  Karen Kay Buckley made this one:


 It won a second place ribbon.  I liked all the colors used and the overall design.  Here are some closeup pictures to show you the quilting in the darker border that was wonderful:



Anda closeup of the main part of the quilt:



Quilt shows are so inspiring, aren’t they?

My design wall is empty right now, but I have plans to pullout another UFO this week and get working on it.  What is on your design wall?

Please click on the link below and show us what you are working on.  Thanks for sharing!


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

Julie in GA said...

That quilt by Karen Kay Buckley was one of m favorites at the Paducah show this year. The colors in it absolutely glow!

Kate said...

Such gorgeous details on that quilt! Hope you find a fun UFO to put up on the design wall. You've been doing pretty well at moving projects along this year.

LA Paylor said...

I had a class with KKBuckley in PA and love her. Great teaching style, very kind, inventive. LeeAnna

Rebecca Grace said...

Thank you for sharing that photo of Karen Kay Buckley's quilt! Did she do the quilting on this one as well? I've taken applique classes from Karen in the past and she is so inspiring. Renae Hedadin (sp?) used to do the custom quilting on Karen's show quilts but they struck up a deal several years ago. Renae wanted to learn applique and Karen wanted to learn long arm quilting, so they taught each other! I know Karen has been diligent in practicing her quilting skills and seeing how far she has come in a relatively short time is amazing.

Marsha Cooper said...

Kansas State Fair starts Friday. I will be drooling over the quilt entries. So much talent out there.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Thanks for sharing that quilt Judy. I love the idea of grid work around the FMQ. I'm not sure that I've ever seen that before.