Pages

Monday, July 24, 2023

Design Wall Monday - July 24, 2023

Good Morning Quilters!

Here is a current picture of my Design Wall:



Progress is slow, but steady.  I have all the brown/neutral/brown strips sewn and am working on the never ending pile of 3 inch blocks with their two side triangles.  Here is what the sewing machine looks like right now:


I will be doing a lot of sewing of strips of these small blocks this week.  It's rather boring, so I am listening to a book on CD.  Do you do that when sewing a boring part of a project?  A friend let me borrow Great Expectations, by Dickens, and I am enjoying it very much.

What is going on in your quilting world?  Please join the Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and show us your pictures and posts!   I've been very distracted lately with non-quilty things, and am thankful that you are persevering in my absence.  You are also encouraging me, and I am blessed to see your posts.  Thanks!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Joining all those little blocks and triangles together does look tedious, but it's going to be fantastic when finished!
I listen to lots of audio books from the library while I am quilting.

Gretchen Weaver said...

I normally watch a program on my Ipad when I'm boring sewing. But the boring has to happen before we have the interesting fun! Your quilt is coming along, happy stitching!

Kate said...

I usually find a documentary on Netflix if I have repetitive sewing like that. That quilt is coming together nicely, it's going to be a beautiful finish.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I too listen to audio books while doing hand work - I get mine from the library

Sara said...

Your quilt is just going to be spectacular! It's really taking shape. I don't listen to audio books anymore, but used to when on long driving trips. I do have the TV on in the background when I'm sewing - tends to be HGTV, Food Network, History channels.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh it is growing so nicely!!! This is going to be a beaut!!!

Celine said...

Progress is progress! Well done

Rebecca Grace said...

Boring or not, those teeny-tiny blocks are just magnificent!! I listen to BBC History podcasts while I'm quilting. Last night I learned everything I ever wanted to know about some Chinese pirate woman from the 18th century... Except I couldn't possibly remember her NAME. Thank goodness there is no quiz on what I listen to while I'm quilting!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Great progress! I listen more to podcasts now, but used to listen to books. I really enjoyed "The Help" audiobook!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, that is a lot of little blocks. When I have something boring like that I love listening to audio books. We can get them digitally at our local library, so it's wonderful! Enjoy :-)