Pages

Monday, September 25, 2023

Design Wall Monday - September 25, 2023

 Good Morning Quilters!

Not much quilting going on here this week.  It’s been perfect weather in Michigan all week, and I’ve planted mums, bought a big pumpkin for the front porch, and canned some more tomatoes.  Fall has overtaken me, and I love it!  We live about a mile from an orchard that features homemade pumpkin spice donuts in the fall, and I may have overindulged on them too.  It’s all good!

The only crafty things I have to show you are some pink sparkly yarn princess crowns I am making for four little girls that are special to me.  They are sisters (6 yrs. old down to newborn) and I saw this easy crocheted princess crown pattern and thought of them.  Here’s a picture of the four crowns, with a doll crown in the foreground.  Pattern is free on the internet (Here)


The doll size little crown is so cute, so I am making a few of that size too.  I took a picture of it with a quarter, to show the size.  



I also finished a little tiny Christmas stocking (knitted) that had been started a long time ago, and is now completed.  Here’s a picture to show the size of it:


 


So as you can see, I’ve been all over the place, but not doing any quilting.  This coming week the Cousin’s Walk bird blocks will be what I plan on working on…..but you never know what the week will bring.  

Are you focused on one project right now, or, like me, are you enjoying fall weather too much to stay focused?  I’m looking forward to your blog posts and pictures.  Please join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below, and show us!  Thanks!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

9 comments:

Kate said...

Those crowns are really cute! That sparkly pink yarn is perfect. Enjoy the nice weather and whatever stitching time you can work in.

Gretchen Weaver said...

The little sisters are going to love their crowns, so cute! I used to be able to juggle several projects at once but no longer. For handwork I'm focusing on Hearts & Wreaths and for sewing it's piecing the background for Scrappy Sprouts. I am enjoying the autumn weather though, happy stitching!

Anonymous said...

Such cute crowns! Those girls will really feel special in them.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Pumpkin Spice donuts.... oh man... that has me craving now!!!
Glad you are getting canning in and enjoying fall!

Bonnie said...

Those crowns are too, too cute. Darn, my girls are all too old for them. But I did share with a friend who has a granddaughter just the right age. Thanks for sharing. I also like your little stocking. Looks like you got a lot done this past week.

Rebecca Grace said...

Your knitting is fabulous, Judy -- and now I can't stop thinking about pumpkin donuts!!

Melva said...

Oh, those little crowns are adorable! Thanks for the chance to share in your party.

Nann said...

Such cute -- and tiny! -- pieces.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, those crowns are so cute! I'm sure that they will be played with...a lot! Have a great week.