Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

Design Wall Monday - September 4, 2023

 Good Morning Quilters!

My Labor Day will be a quilting day - how about you?  I have a new project on the design wall.  The project that has been there for all last month is almost sewn together.  I have three more seams to sew.  I will take a picture of it when it is ready to go to a long arm quilter.

  I have chosen an appliqué quilt to work on next.   Cousins Walk. Have you heard of it?  It’s an old quirky bird quilt.  Here’s the pattern:


I’ve started to appliqué some blocks, and I’d like to get the background shirting squares on the design wall to see how it is going to look.  Here is one of my blocks:

 


I hope to have most of the background squares (different shirting fabrics) up on the design wall by the end of the day.  And next week, some pictures of what I have done so far.

What are you working on this fine September holiday weekend?  I hope you’ll join our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and show us.  Thanks for participating!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I love your new applique pattern! Your first bird is so cute, I can't wait to see the rest of them. Happy stitching!

Kate said...

Another ambitious project, but you seem to do so well at ambitious. Enjoy your new start and enjoy your nothing but sewing day today.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Funny name for a quilt! But what a beauty!!!

Kat Scribner said...

Hi Judy. Yes, hoping today is another quilting day here also. Each day is pretty much the same as the last, if we're lucky. Have a fun day.

Vicki in MN said...

Your new project looks like a labor of love!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

right now I am pulling fabric and deciding on how I want the last five blocks in this quilt. Your quilt looks lovely!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I am quite taken with this bird design, Judy. Your applique is immaculate too.

Bonnie said...

Nifty new project. Are you adding your own spin to the idea or is the sample block showing just the beginning of a block? I got absolutely no sewing done yesterday. I had so much going on I hardly sat down nor did I write my blog. Finally got it done Tuesday am. Have a great week.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, that looks like a fun project. Did I see correctly that the birds are in different positions (like upside down?) How interesting. Have a great week.

JOY @ http://joysjotsshots.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the colors of your applique. It reminds me of my earlier days of house keeping when we loved the harvest golds, forest greens and burgundy colors. I still enjoy them very much, esp at Christmas time. Thanks for hosting.