Pages

Monday, September 18, 2023

DesignWall Monday - September 18, 2023



Good Morning Quilters!


The AQS Quilt Show was last week in Grand Rapids.  I entered my Cheddar Baskets quilt and here is a picture if me beside my quilt.  Sue Daurio’s machine quilting made it special and I thought others would enjoy seeing’s it.

 

My favorite part of the quilt show was a special exhibit if vintage quilts.  It was a quilt collection of Sue Reich, representing 150 years of Quilting Blues, ranging from 1825 to 1976.

Here are somw of my favorites:










What have you been working on this week?  Please join in our Design Wall Monday Linky Party below and show us.  Thank you to all of our faithful bloggers who link up each week.  You are appreciated.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

18 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I love your basket quilt! What fun to see it in an AQS show!

Kate said...

Your Cheddar Baskets quilt is stunning! Those antique blue quilts are all lovely. So much more impressive when you realize how much hand stitching there was in the early ones.

Kat Scribner said...

Your basket quilt is beyond gorgeous! I know Sue D does wonderful quilting too. It is truly a masterpiece. I wouldnt be able to use this one.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your baskets are so beautiful! Your quilt was Best of Show in my book. Happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

I have never been to this show, so thank you for sharing the blues exhibit. And your cheddar basket quilt is gorgeous!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

hhh I love seeing yours hanging - so gorgeous!!
and thanks for sharing all the blue ones - Love them!

Anonymous said...

Very nice to see Hubert Ver Mehren‘s May Day baskets in a quilt.

Sara said...

That's wonderful photo of you with your gorgeous quilt.

Bonnie said...

How fun to see your own quilt hanging in a major quilt show. It is a spectacular quilt. Thanks for sharing all of the blue quilts. I'm planning a blue scrap quilt with some friends.

Lori said...

You and your quilt are beautiful! Love those blue quilts too!

Vivian said...

The basket quilt is gorgeous! i would have loved to have seen Sue's exhibit. I got to see her WWII quilts at a show many years ago and that was great too.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on your Cheddar basket quilt being in the show!! That's awesome!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

How exciting to have your quilt in the show! It is just beautiful! xx

Denise said...

What a beautiful finish, I love the vintage look.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how wonderful to have your basket quilt displayed at the show! I've always wanted to visit this show. Thanks for sharing some highlights.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just love that photo of you with your beautiful quilt!! Thanks for sharing all the photos.

Janet said...

Love your wonderful quilt. Thank you for sharing.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Judy, your finished quilt is so lovely. That's a great picture. Thanks for sharing the vintage quilts with us.